Below is a list of projects that I have either supervised or co-supervised
Summer Research Projects
- S. Cleator (2014) Investigating the formation of nonlinear cat's eye structures in stretched 3D vortices.
University of Surrey (EPSRC funded).
- S. Cleator (2013) Analysis of a mathematical model of iron uptake in the human body. University of Surrey (EPSRC funded). (with Dr G. Derks, Dr R. Elliott)
- E. Rwemigabo & E. Hawkins (2012) Maths and Iron Absorption in the Body. University of Surrey (MILES funded). (with Dr G. Derks, Dr R. Elliott)
- R. Phillips (2016) Analysis of the Evolution of Fluid Free-Surface Sloshing. University of Surrey.
- C. Holmes (2013) Mathematics of Aerofoils. University of Surrey.
- K. Orundiran (2011) Mathematical modelling of inviscid flow around aerodynamic bodies. University of Brighton.
- H. Patel (2011) Mathematical investigation of boundary layer transition on aerodynamic bodies. University of Brighton.
- E. Wamuhu (2011) Modelling of diesel spray penetrations at early times. University of Brighton.
- K. Kestin (2008) Aerofoil Dynamics. University of Exeter.
BSc Literature Reviews
- A. Baker (2015) Traffic Flow. University of Surrey.
- T. McFall (2014) The Mathematics of Projectiles in Motion in Sport. University of Surrey.
- J. Smart (2018) Viscous Eddies and Corner Flow. University of Surrey.
- C. Haines (2018) Hydrodynamic Stability in Shear Flows. University of Surrey.
- K. Massey (2013) Research and derive equations which govern dissolution and precipitation in a variety of bio-relevant fluids. Implement these equations in a MATLAB model and optimise parameters based on experimental data. University of Surrey. (on placement at GSK)
- A. Oxley (2013) Normal Modes in Atmosphere Dynamics. University of Surrey. (with Prof. I. Roulstone)
- D. J. Hill (20??) University of Surrey. (with Dr D. J. Lloyd)
- Y. H. Huang (20??) University of Surrey.
- D. J. Ratliff (2017) Conservation laws, multiphase modulation, and the emergence of universal forms. University of Surrey. (with Prof T. J. Bridges)
Return to main page.